KPMG strives to gain a thorough understanding of our clients’ business goals to help ensure the way technology is used drives growth, and improves business performance whilst retaining operational integrity. We help some of the world’s largest organizations identify and secure the maximum benefit from their technology enabled programmes. By operating as integrated teams of business and technical specialists, we reflect the high degree of interdependency between the performance of our clients’ business functions and the underlying technology. By doing this we capture the business benefits, rather than providing a purely technical solution.
• Execute the day-to-day activities of engagements for clients, including analyzing and documenting client’s current business processes and governance to identify gaps and potentials improvements
• Assist in designing/redesigning of client’s business processes
• Analyze large data sets and quickly resolve data-related issues
• Assist in the preparation of deliverables, client presentations and data gathering sessions by contributing to the design, preparation, and analysis of reports and findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner
• Ability to identify and properly document risks and issues; communicate and manage issues between client and technical teams
• Assist in the creation of proposals and other new business development efforts
• A Bachelor's Degree in either, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Business Management, International Business, Economics or in any of these related fields
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as technical, analytical and problem solving ability
• Ability to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to problems and issues
• Strong problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work
• Independent, self-motivated, organized, and results oriented individuals
• A combined understanding of both Information Technology and Business
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• 1 year of related consulting or industry experience, in IT or Business, a bonus
At KPMG we are currently seeking an Associate Cloud Solutions for our Technology Risk & Cyber Consulting practice. This role focuses on managing risk for our clients on their emerging technologies including cloud computing, DevOps, artificial intelligence, robotic, blockchain, Internet of Things, etc.
• Rapidly architect, design, prototype, implement and optimize cloud architectures, platforms and applications to tackle the needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; develop cloud platforms and applications using infrastructure as code methodologies to solve real world problems ensuring quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
• Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and be part of teams developing holistic operational solutions & applications contributing with the cloud infrastructure and DevOps capabilities
• Research, experiment and utilize leading cloud methodologies and new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance; provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users of all levels
• Progress tools and services useful in cloud /DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts
• Develop skills in business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management and client relationship development; help promote the KPMG brand in the broader cloud & security community
• Minimum 1-2 years of recent DevOps/systems administrator or equivalent distributed systems development experience; preferably in cloud hosted environment
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or master’s degree from an accredited college/university
• Knowledge of solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Red Hat OpenShift, any certification is a plus
• Proficiency in scripting programming languages – Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, PowerShell, YAML
• Understanding of Hashicorp Vault, Terraform and Consul
• Understanding of Relational Databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL
• Understanding of Agile Practices like Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD preferred
• Understanding of Storage and backup solutions
• Understanding of concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, distributed systems, and scheduling platforms and experience/familiarity with networking middleware solutions
• Understanding of Machine Learning & AI platforms
• Understanding of networking, identity management, monitoring, logging, vulnerability management and concepts; depth of understanding with security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI) with knowledge of IT operating models and processes and experience hardening infrastructures & systems and developing highly available & scalable systems is a plus
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in CIO Advisory for the Technology Consulting practice.
- Support client engagements related to customer insight, technology strategy, and digital transformation.
- Understand the big picture - effectively articulate business and technical challenges and solutions; research, learn, and identify solutions and technologies that may help resolve client’s challenges.
- Gather and analyze data surrounding customer experience, digital interaction, business model and operational processes.
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services.
- Contribute to requirements analysis and report findings in a clear, logical, and concise manner.
- Interact with client peers to understand their IT and business environment, challenges and strengths.
- Help client's pinpoint their business challenges through interviews, data analysis and the documentation of findings.
- Ability to identify and properly document risks and issues; communicate and manage issues between client and technical teams.
- Assist in the creation of proposals and other new business development efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in either, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Business Management, International Business, Economics or in any of these related fields
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as technical, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to problems and issues
- Strong problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, and results oriented individuals
- A combined understanding of both Information Technology and Business
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- 1 year of related consulting or industry experience, in IT or Business, a bonus
Internship - ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (Petaling Jaya)
Kuala Lumpur is the host to KPMG’s ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (‘’ACDC’’), which offers Indirect tax compliance services in ASPAC. The team is culturally diverse, comprising of many different nationalities, backgrounds and skills. ACDC offers end-to-end compliance support for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals. Be part of this exciting journey within KPMG and expand your Indirect Tax Knowledge across the region, whilst you are being coached and trained by multiple professionals across the firm.
As an intern, you would receive valuable job experience working in a professional services firm & receiving training and development in a fast paced & high performance environment.
- Preparation and analysis of VAT returns through KPMG’s VAT compliance process
- Preparing VAT and other related filings
- Preparation of account reconciliations as required
- Supporting online reporting requirements
- Data gathering and analysis support
- Managing VAT clearing entries
- Other administrative tasks such as coordination & document
- Participate in KPMG’s KDN learning & development programs
- Coordinating workflows between teams & locations
- Ongoing studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar BA/MA
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles (PnL, Balance Sheet, Subledger VS GL, Accruals, Debits/Credits, Monthly closure)
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables & look up functionality)
- Effective communicative level of English
- Additional language skills would be an advantage
- Good analytical skills
- Collaboriative & inclusive personality
- Proactive approach to adopt changes
- Good communication and influencing skills
The senior incident response manager role will be working in the Cyber Response Services (CRS) Team within our Risk Consulting practice, reporting directly into the head of cyber response. Cyber security is one of the areas which KPMG has identified for tremendous investment and growth. Our clients face a challenging cyber threat and look to us to help them understand and respond to that threat.
This is a hands-on and operational management role with opportunities to grow into service line leadership. He should have good hands-on experience in enterprise Network & Security. The successful candidate is expected to manage a broad range of cyber-security incidents as well as perform digital forensics (disk, volatile memory, network packets, logfiles) and help advance KPMG’s incident response processes and methodologies. In this role we are looking for a person who can demonstrate strong technical background, significant experience in Network & Security, incident response and digital forensics and is looking to grow into an incident response leadership role as part of a growing team.
- Manage and co-ordinate cyber security incidents for our clients, working closely with the head of cyber response.
- Digital forensics of relevant incident data (disk, volatile memory, network packets, log files).
- Maintaining a current view of the cyber threat and being able to advise clients on the threat landscape and attacks which may be relevant to them.
- Manage the development of KPMGs in house cyber-response tools.
- Assess client incident response capability maturity.
- Help stand-up or improve clients’ own incident response & Network Security capabilities.
- Project management of engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner, including:
- Scoping and costing of engagements
- Financial management of projects
- Engagement and risk management
- Production and review of deliverables to a high standard.
- Liaising with clients on delivery, implementation and project issues.
- Ability to generate well-structured responses to bids and requests for proposals.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in computing and networks as well as in cyber-security either by having the relevant work experience, completed a degree or obtained industry relevant certification. Therefore, the qualifications below should be seen as means to demonstrate competency and not as a requirement. The desired skill and qualification is provided below:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills.
- Strong IT and network skills – knowledge of common enterprise technologies – Windows and
- Windows Active Directory, Linux, Cisco, etc.
- Working programming skill-set to be able to author and develop tools. Most in-house security tools in
- KPMG are written in Python, but we accept that a competent programmer will be able to transfer skillsets across languages.
- Technical proficiency in at least one of these areas: network security/traffic/log analysis; Linux and/or Mac/Unix operating system forensics; Linux/Unix disk forensics (ext2/3/4, HFS+, and/or APFS file systems), advanced memory forensics, static and dynamic malware analysis / reverse engineering, advanced mobile device forensics
- Advanced experience in industry computer forensic tools such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Internet
- Evidence Finder (IEF) / AXIOM, TZWorks, and/or Cellebrite
- Advanced experience in preservation of digital evidence (including experience preserving cloud data and handling encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, and/or LUKS)
- Experience with and understanding of enterprise Windows security controls
Qualifications and Education requirements
- Minimum qualifications required: B.E/B. Tech or Equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills. Abilities: Good soft skills and team player
- (Preferred) General information security certificates such CISSP, CISM or CISA.
- (Preferred) Incident management certifications such as:
- CREST certified incident manager (CCIM).
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- (Preferred) Digital forensics certificates such as:
- CREST certified registered intrusion analyst (CRIA),
- CREST certified network intrusion analyst (CCNIA),
- CREST certified host intrusion analyst (CCHIA),
- CREST certified malware reverse engineer (CCMRE),
- GIAC Certified (Network) Forensic Analyst (GCFA, GNFA)
- Experience: 8 – 10 years
At KPMG we are currently seeking a Senior Associate Cloud Solutions for our Technology Risk & Cyber Consulting practice. This role focuses on managing risk for our clients on their emerging technologies including cloud computing, DevOps, artificial intelligence, robotic, blockchain, Internet of Things, etc.
- Develop automation scripts that enable management of the Public Cloud environment in an automated manner
- Design, implement and administer Public and Hybrid Cloud environments supporting large mission critical enterprise systems
- Act as a Cloud DevOps Subject Matter Professional working in a fast-paced environment with some of the smartest senior business and technical team members in the industry
- Develop supporting documentation for processes and Cloud automated tools
- Cloud patching, Security Updates, and Vulnerabilities remediation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of five years (5) and above of industry experience with at least two years (2) of deep technical expertise in Cloud Engineering and Operations
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience in PowerShell, Automation, configuration management and Orchestration tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience from an accredited college/university
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS services including Cloud SQL, Key Vault, Log Analytics, Storage/Backup, and Application Service Environments
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Analytics
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Ruby, C and Java
- Strong understanding of cloud Networking and Security
- Assists and advises clients on compliance requirements and related issues.
- Responsible for handling tax issues arising for selected groups of clients which will include tax planning and tax advisories.
- To lead team members and assist Directors in tax assignments mentioned above.
- Professional accounting qualification and/or a degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience preferably in the financial services industry
- High technical ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team management and analytical skills
- Highly organized and reliable with a strong sense of integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Tax Assistant Manager - Transfer Pricing (Petaling Jaya)
KPMG’s Global Transfer Pricing Services is a team of professionals dedicated to providing clients with effective transfer pricing planning, documentation and dispute resolution solutions. We assist clients in developing commercially and fiscally viable transfer pricing policies and our dedicated team of professionals is experienced in the Malaysian and OECD transfer pricing guidelines and associated requirements. We work closely with our clients to create and implement robust transfer pricing methodologies to meet their business goals and local tax authorities’ expectations.
- Providing transfer pricing services to clients.
- Assists management with building and maintaining relationships with tax authorities and clients.
- Assists management with timely completion of projects.
- Analyze financial and economic data for transfer pricing planning and tax audit defense
- Support management in the preparation of firms’ internal and external trainings and workshops.
- A recognized university degree or a professional qualification in Economics / Accounting / Finance or a member of a recognized professional accounting/taxation body.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be analytical, self-motivated, organized and able to multi-task and work independently.
- Must be a team player to work in a robust team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
- Must be able to assist in research to support project and practice development works, presentations, and proposal development.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
The KPMG Delivery Network ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (“ACDC”) is seeking to fill a full time Associate. This position will be part of ACDC department which offers end-to-end compliance support to multinational companies and local companies to manage their corporate compliance requirements effectively and efficiently.
Overall responsibilities include working with colleagues and clients across multiple jurisdictions in performing the below listed compliance activities. These responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for preparing VAT and other returns along with reconciliations
- Responding to queries on compliance deliverables and data
- Supporting corporate tax computations and tax returns through data retrieval, review & query management for timely submission to the tax authorities.
- Compile information for submission to the tax authorities during tax audits.
- Prepare transfer pricing calculations for advanced transfer pricing & profitability reviews
- Complete transfer pricing schedules which form the basis of transfer pricing documentation
- Applying documentation retention standards per KPMG risk management policies
- Working with data (retrieval, reconciliation, and analysis) necessary for compliance
- Coordination and workflow management
- A recognized university degree in Accounting/ Finance or relevant field are preferred.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong capability with technology
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team to manage in a fast pace environment.
-Proactive, responsible, and inquisitive are key to being successful in this role.
-Willingness to learn and leverage the KPMG technical development opportunities.
E/SE - IT System Support Engineer/Adminstrator (Petaling Jaya)
At KPMG Malaysia, we rely on our IT systems to help our business reach and succeed with internal staff all over the nationwide. We’re seeking an experienced systems administrator who’s eager to use and grow his or her technological skills on a worldwide stage. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy. From early on, you’ll help empower our breakthrough innovations, be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility. And, you’ll receive world-class training to help you become a leader in your field. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to technology-based business model that creates real-world solutions for the company.
- Design, architecture, implementation, and maintenance of technology projects related to server infrastructure.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software and hardware.
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
- Understanding of AD Attributes, LDAP Queries, PowerShell Scripting to Modify AD Attributes, Group Policy Analysis, GPO Configuration & Item-Level Targeting, Workstation Configurations, Browser Configuration Settings.
- Working knowledge of GPOs, AD Sites, Replication Topology, and native AD troubleshooting tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM Infrastructure including deployments, windows platform patching.
- Maintenance of On-Premise and Azure Active Directory environments including Group Policies.
- Familiar in Microsoft 365 Services including Enterprise and Mobility, such as Microsoft Power Automate, Power BI.
- Familiar in ITOM Process.
- Graduates with at least a Diploma or Higher in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, or any IT related certified will be added advantages.
- Minimum 2 years working experiences in IT Support.
- Good command of English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, pleasant personality.
- Able to work independently.
- Passionate about developing people.
- Strong coordination skills with an eye for details, thoroughness and timeliness.